Monday, September 26, 2011

The worst part of our lives can lead to the best...

Flashback 4 and a half years ago. I've talked a little about this, but I was able to talk about it with my dad today. Something happened in my family that I won't talk about. There are maybe seven people in the world who know that aren't my immediate family. However, the thing that happened was rock bottom for my family. It led to my parents' potential divorce, it partially led to a relationship ending, and it led to me thinking it was okay to drink and party my sorrows away.

Well, let me start this with saying that I wanted to write about the big decisions that I've made in my life and what effects they would've had. I will list the decisions that I've made though. and just some things that happened.
#1 California State University Fulleron, University of Nevada Las Vegas, or Victor Valley College. I chose VVC.
#2 Staying at Verizon or Going back to school - I chose going back to school.
#3 Going to CSUSB or Wichita State University - I went to CSUSB
#4 Investment banker or teacher - I teach
#5 Popping the question - I'm still single
#6 Staying at Encore or going to Victor - Still at Encore
#7 Losing weight
#8 Going back to church
#9 Going to East Asia
#10 Leading a group

The last few were just commands that I followed.

Back to the subject at hand. This isn't going to be long, but had my family not hit rock bottom a lot of things would've never happened. I would've never seen how a man can come back from the dead and resurrect a marriage with the help of God. It was intense to see how high you can bounce back. My dad's renaissance and resurrection in God led me to so many different things.
I. He allowed me to see that going back to church makes changes.
II. I started eating healthier and lost 120 pounds.
III. I started attending a small group.
IV. I went to East Asia.
V. I began leading a small group.
VI. I went back to East Asia.
VII. I started to realize what I want in a woman.

There were other things that happened, but this was what happened to me because my dad hit rock bottom. His life is so much better now because that one thing happened. I could never be more thankful for that one. So thanks Pop for showing me that hitting the bottom is much more than just the end. It's a beginning and it's the chance to bounce back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment