Thursday, April 29, 2010

The goodness of it all.

Wow, I was gone for a minute. I had a lot of fun interesting things this last week which I plan to keep you all apprised of.
One of my faults in life is that when someone is going to reprimand me I get frustrated and angry. What did I do? I tried to this, etc. I always get frustrated. Well recently it happened to me again. I received a call, got frustrated, and started playing the me game. Why do I do this? I don't know, but I've come to realize that each situation where I'm getting rebuked or reprimanded is an opportunity for me to learn and grow. I always play the me card and try to take control of the situation. Let's be honest, I'm not in control of anything. Oh sure there are certain times when God gives me a little bit more responsibility, but truly He is in control. So why do I take matters into my own hands? Before I went into the meeting I had, I just said, "God take control." Thirty minutes later I walk out laughing. Had I gone into this meeting with the militant attitude that I previously had I would've probably walked out with a bad feeling. I need to learn to be smarter and am in constant need of a reminder. Why do we do these things?
James tells us that when we need prayer we need to ask our brothers and sisters for it. Why do I hold things back? Do I do it because I feel I can handle everything? No, I just get frustrated and forget. I need to remember why it is that God has placed me where I'm at and take the high road.

A couple of other notes, one of my best friends Jason has relocated to San Diego. He's truly been an inspiration to me and I suggest you check out his blog at www.greenfaithadventures.com. Other exciting things have been happening and I can't wait to share with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment