Monday, April 5, 2010

In the beginning...

of this blog, I started typing or something like that. I've been wanting to write a blog for a long time because I enjoy writing but for a purpose. I enjoy sharing my life with my friends and family, which is probably why I freaking love Facebook. We're at the end of the NCAA championship game with Butler and Duke and I'm reminded of when I was transferring from VVC to California State University San Bernardino (CSUSB). Wichita State made a run through the NCAA tournament and I decided that would be a great school to apply to. CSUSB was my safety, but I know the reason I applied there. My girlfriend at the time was going there and it was cool to spend a little more time with her when I had been living in Irvine and not seeing her so often. A year and a half later I graduated from there and two years after that fateful start I began my career in education.
Let me be honest, I didn't want to teach. I fought it for a long time in my relationship with Alanna. Her mom would continue to pester me and I didn't believe in it, not for a second. However, God works in mysterious ways. Let's just say that moving from the bank to the classroom was the most interesting thing I've ever done in my life. There are reasons that we meet the people that we do in life. Reasons why we take the paths we do to our lives and careers. I call it God's work and others call it fate or destiny. I sometimes find it amazing that I'm teaching students and it's something that I love doing. I'll be honest, I really feel it's His work and His calling on my life. There's no such thing as coincidence. It was His Plan for me to be a teacher and it is the most amazing thing that has happened in my life. You know there's no reason for me to be quiet about the good news.
Coolest thing that is happening throughout this amazing journey is my trip this summer to East Asia. What is it about? What am I doing out there? You're going to have to stay tuned. Until then enjoy the blog, there are certain things I want to put up to honor certain people.

NG

No comments:

Post a Comment