Thursday, April 8, 2010

What I learned from Small Group...

Welcome back to my blog. Most likely many aren't reading this, but hey, you are! I am freaking thrilled and blessed, let me tell you. I enjoy the people I work with, I love those that are in my life, and I feel that God is placing the right people in my life for me to impact and help. Well, there is one thing that I thought was missing, I thought that I needed a relationship. I was talking with my boys about some of my weaknesses and I realized, I'm not ready for one. It's not being over the last one because that's something that God helped me through very easily and Alanna and I remain great friends. I feel that God hasn't placed the right person in my life to deal with the physical aspects of the relationship. I'm not going to get into everything, but I'll just say this; I don't do the things that most people expect. It's something I feel strong in and the times I've fallen I have never felt worse. I know what my convictions are and I don't want them compromised. I've come so far, yet I'm nowhere near where I should be.
One other thing that I realized from small group the other night was how God puts the most random people in our lives to help shape us. My small group leader is young, I believe 19, and I'm 26. Our careers are in different stations, our lives are in completely different situations. I remember a conversation that my buddy Jason and I had and that was how these kids didn't understand us, we planned our parties, they don't know what it's like in the real world. We were extremely wrong, God placed those people there in order to help us learn about the spiritual world. These people have shown me so much, and I'll be honest, I had a conversation with Jason about drinking and what our convictions are on it. It's not okay to get drunk and I'm really starting to feel that there's no reason to even start. I'm going to be honest, I would've never said this a year ago, but it is just amazing and I'm excited for this. I'm excited to share this because this is a way for my introverted self to get this out there. Well, we have a pancake breakfast and awesome things are coming! Go Fight Win!
NG

No comments:

Post a Comment