Monday, April 19, 2010

Things change... friends don't... well they do, but in a good way.

Well it's been a couple of days and I have some interesting things to talk about...

First, this week is actually a little special to me, almost an anniversary of sorts. This week last year (the second week of testing) I decided that I was going to change everything about my life physically. I decided to dedicate myself to working out, eating, healthy, etc. It's not like I hadn't done this before. I had done it multiple times before, but with varying degrees of success. However, I just felt like this time would be different. Long story short, this time was different. I would say that at my peak I was roughly around 270 pounds at 5 foot 5 inches. Through hard work, commitment, eating healthy, and all the other fun stuff I am now down to roughly 155-160. Throughout this time I found myself though too. I was not a very good person. I was just doing stupid things, but when you're living one of the seven deadly sins (Proverbs 6:16-24) you're just being dumb. I know that my body is a temple and eventually I had to change my ways. I always joke by saying that I like living, but it's true, I like living and I'm glad to be where I'm at and will always give myself a little reminder when it comes to this...

Next thing, I talked about one of my best friends Jason and how he is moving to San Diego. Well, this Wednesday is his last day out here and I'm pretty excited for him. He's moving down there because he felt a calling and is now getting ready to go. I want to explain the unique relationship him and I have. We became pretty good friends in high school and after high school we were one of the few people left up in the desert. We hung out a lot, we were both single, we were both partying it up living the junior college life. It was funny because in high school we started hanging out more when we were single and in junior college it was the same thing. I met a girl at the end of our freshman year and while we hung out on occasion and kept in touch, it wasn't until nearly five years later that we connected back up. This was one of those times that God worked in mysterious. When we connected back up, we were back to our old ways. Let's go here, let's get this going on, etc. Then I felt a impression on my heart to join a small group at HDC. Jason and I were hitting up church during this time and I told him about it. He was game for it, and I don't think our lives have been the same since. I talked about how the different people in my small group have affected me, but it's been an amazing adventure. I've honestly seen us grow up in so many ways, and in some ways finally reaching the maturity level that we're supposed to be at. Well bud, I'm glad that you answered a calling and I'm extremely proud of you. You will definitely be blessed in this journey.

Last but not least, a VSP update. For those of you who don't know I am going to East Asia on an English teaching excursion through Cal Baptist this summer. The meetings that we have are continuously uplifting and are very exciting. The one downer is that we are still working hard for our financial means and we ran into a road block. It's okay though, He will provide. If you feel called though to help out the team please let me know though, whether it be through prayer or financial support. We gladly appreciate it all.

Until the next time...
NG

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to get your plan/idea from you on how you lost the weight. I need to get back in shape. So let me know if you followed a specific plan or just kind of made your own plan up. I remember being skinny. I want to be skinny again and not just remember what it felt like. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete